Compassion. Support. Justice.
We Are Here to Help:
Creating A Family Through Adoption Or Surrogacy
Whether you are making plans to officially adopt your stepchild or you are considering gestational surrogacy, it’s an exciting time in your life. As with most important life events, along with the excitement, you’ll likely feel overwhelmed with questions and concerns. At The Law Office of Tamela T. Wallace P.A., we’ll help ease the stress of the legal concerns so that you can stay focused on the result: creating your family.
Guiding You Through The Stepparent Adoption Process
If you are a stepparent looking to officially make your stepchild your own, many steps are required to complete the process in the Charlotte and Mecklenburg court systems. We’ll walk you through each step to ensure that everything is done in a timely and comprehensive manner. We will guide you through:
- Obtaining a biological parent’s consent
- Terminating a birth parent’s rights
- Due diligence for tracking down a birth parent
We’ll work together to make the process as seamless as possible.
Understanding Gestational Surrogacy Legal Concerns In North Carolina
Services we provide include:
- Parenting contracts: If you are using a gestational surrogate, it is imperative that you have legally binding contracts to ensure that all parties adhere to the agreed-upon situation.
- Prebirth orders: This is a petition that will ensure that the legal parents’ names are recorded on the birth certificate rather than the biological (gestational surrogate) mother’s name. A hearing may be required.
We’ll Help You Plan Your Future
In addition to stepparent and gestational surrogacy legal matters, we can help you with:
- Grandparents’ rights
- Agency adoption
- Private adoption
We understand how important these matters are to you and your family, and your priorities are our priorities. Call our lawyers today at 704-371-4212 to set up a time to discuss your family law concerns.
You Deserve Justice. Let Us Help You Get It.
The Law Office of Tamela T. Wallace P.A.
Charlotte, NC 28204